ISRAEL @ WAR: The Time has come for Israel to Withdraw
From this point on, every moment that the State of Israel does not withdraw itself is immoral, unjust and inexcusable.
If the State of Israel is interested in doing not only what is in her own best interest, but in also doing something that will earn it the respect of the nations of the world, then it will withdraw immediately.
No, I am not talking about the Jewish State of Israel withdrawing her forces from Lebanon or Gaza, and I am not talking about the Jewish State of Israel withdrawing from Judea and Samaria.
It's time for Israel to unilaterally withdraw itself from the United Nations.
Consider the following examples that not only clearly display the UN's virulent anti-Israel hostility, but the efforts on behalf of the UN to undermine its very charter, by openly and actively encouraging the ongoing war of destruction being waged against the Jewish State:
1) "Israel is the only UN member not permitted to stand for election to the full range of UN bodies. So while membership of the UN Human Rights Commission now includes Cuba, Libya, Sudan and Syria -- four of the seven states designated as state sponsors of international terrorism by the U.S. State Department -- Israel cannot even be a candidate."
2) "In an analysis of the Security Council's record up to 1989, of 175 total resolutions passed by the Council, 97 were directed against Israel, as contrasted with 4 against all Arab states combined. The Council expressed its 'concern,' 'grave concern,' 'regret,' 'deep regrets,' 'shock' etc. about Israeli actions 31 times. Regarding Arab actions, the Council never expressed negative sentiments."
3) The following is a sampling of direct quotes taken from the sites of U.N.-accredited NGOs:
* “That Star of David, which we are told is originally a religious symbol, symbolized hate and evil. Even today, I couldn’t imagine a more hateful sign.”
* “[M]any Americans and westerners, long misinformed by the Zionist-controlled media especially after the events of September 11, 2001…”
* “[A]nti-semitism has been taking place for 100 years in Palestine, against the Palestinian Arab Semites, by European Jewish colonialists. A mini-holocaust.”
* “Zionist apartheid, racism, and settler-colonialism in Palestine… is violative of the most basic human standards…Thus, the Palestinian resistance is justified…”
5) "The anniversary of the UN partition vote that survivors of the concentration camps celebrated, has been described by Secretary-General Annan as "a day of mourning and a day of grief." Palestinians, and Arab citizens more generally, refer to it as part of "Al-Nakba," meaning the "catastrophe" of the creation of the state of Israel."
6) "Among the most harmful UN anti-Israel resolutions was the notorious resolution equating Zionism with racism, passed in November 1975 by 72 to 35. It said that Zionism is a form of racism and racial discrimination... [and] is a threat to world peace and security."
7) The UN admitted its complicity in the Hezbollah kidnapping and murder of three Israeli soldiers in October, 2000.
(Click here and here for a partial list of UN resolutions against Israel).
(Click here for an article documenting the history of the anti-Israel bias at the UN).
For every passing day that the Jewish State of Israel chooses to retain its membership in such an evil organization she loses a little more of her justness, and morality.
For every passing day that the Jewish State of Israel retains her membership in the UN, she provides the organization and its sick resolutions a legitimacy that they are not worthy of.
Before the UN can pass a resolution calling for a ceasefire in Lebanon, and the installation of a new "Peacekeeping" force, the Jewish State of Israel must withdraw itself from the UN, and in doing so, make it clear that she is no longer bound by the lies, corruption and immorality of the UN, but to higher standard of truth, justice and morality, as handed down to the Nation of Israel - the Jewish People - by the G-d of Israel.