Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A Journey Into the Unknown...

In the next few minutes, I am going to be heading down in the direction of Gush Katif to join with my Jewish brothers and sisters who are marching towards the Jewish communities of Gush Katif in protest of Prime Minister Sharon's expulsion plan.

Honestly, I do not know what to expect, nor how long I will be away for. Aside from basic amenities, my talit and t'fillin, a sefer and some water, I won't have anything with me. In a way, I imagine that I feel similar to the way the Jewish People must have felt as they were leaving Egypt and heading out into the wilderness, relying on faith in Hashem that things would work themselves out, even though their ultimate destination was far from being in sight.

Hopefully, the journey of the Jewish People today, making their way towards Gush Katif will be a smoother journey than the original trek through the wilderness, but with no less presence and assistance from Hashem.

With blessings from Israel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blogarama - The Blogs Directory