Sunday, July 10, 2005

Dentists, The Ingathering of the Exiles, and the Jewish Renaissance

I had the privilege this past week of having one of my teeth extracted (after it cracked for the 2nd time). After over an hour of what seemed like hard labor, as the oral surgeon used what seemed like about a half dozen different tools that can be found in any hardware store, I was all stitched up and sent home (with a gaping hole in my mouth - I will spare everyone the pictures).

What made this visit to the dentist a bit more special (or perhaps the only special part of having my tooth extracted) was that the oral surgeon had made Aliyah 4 years earlier from Mexico, of all places. I had never met a Jew from Mexico before, and in between Novocain shots he told me all about the Jewish community of Mexico, and how while life was very good for him and his family in Mexico, he chose to move to Israel in order to find true fulfillment.

Today, I returned to my oral surgeon to have my stitches removed. When he looked inside my mouth, he said that everything "looks good". I asked him if he was proud of his work, to which he responded, "I'm impressed with HaKadosh Baruch Hu's work (G-d), I was just the shaliach (messenger)".

In my eyes, this is what the return of the Jewish People to their ancient and eternal Homeland, Eretz Yisrael, is all about. The ability to synthesize our Jewishness with one's everyday life - and it being so natural is one of the many blessings that one has in living here.

Part of me is actually looking forward to going back to see him in another 7 weeks to get my implant - a very small part...

3 Comments:


If you have a family dentist in your area, you should feel comfortable with him or her. In addition, they should be able to treat all oral problems efficiently and effectively. Your dentist in new britain CT should take time to answer any questions or concerns that you might have regarding your oral health. When you visit them, be sure to have your mouth cleaned before or after any dental work. Finally, be sure that you follow all of your dentist's instructions regarding the pre-dental, post-dental and emergency care so that you can enjoy a smile that lasts a lifetime.
Emergency dentist

By Blogger Walkerl, at Sun Dec 12, 01:01:00 PM GMT+2  


If you are seeking a patient-focused, family-friendly general dentist in East Brunswick, Besho Dental Arts by Revolutionary Dental is the place for you. Here you’ll find the highest quality care, modern technology and a one-stop shop for preventive, restorative, cosmetic, and specialty dental needs. We even have an in-house Periodontist!
dentist in East Brunswick

By Blogger Danieledward, at Wed Dec 15, 11:38:00 AM GMT+2  

Advance dental unionville offers restorative dentistry for child and adult patients. we offer dental services like dental implants, Invisalign, dental crown, emergency dentistry, tooth implants, cosmetic dentistry, and other dental services for your family.
if you are looking for a dentist near unionville then stop searching and contact us now.
Dental Implant Clinic in Unionville

By Blogger kylesams, at Wed Jan 05, 01:16:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blogarama - The Blogs Directory