Thursday, January 05, 2006

Speechless

Not like this.

It just wasn't supposed to happen this way.

Waking this morning to discover that Ariel Sharon was fighting for his life, after suffering a massive stroke...

Sure, I believed that Ariel Sharon's policies since becoming Israel's Prime Minister were harmful towards the Jewish People and Jewish State (and the Land of Israel).

Sure, just about everyone in the country knew that he was most likely corrupt - very corrupt.

And, lastly, sure, I very much did not want to see Ariel Sharon re-elected in the upcoming elections.

But, as strong as my politics and beliefs might be, and as great as the threat that Sharon posed to them - I didn't - and I don't think anyone except for some very sick people - wanted salvation to come from Ariel Sharon becoming terminally ill (or worse).

As much as I was against Sharon for what he did to Gush Katif, that's how grateful we all should be for what he did over the years for all that he did defending Israel, the Jewish people, and building up the Land of Israel.

He deserved to live out his life quietly on his ranch, raising cows, riding off into the sunset.

Just not this way.

Sadly, throughout Jewish history we have found that not all Kings of Israel get the ending they deserve.

Here's hoping that Arik - "Melech Yisrael" is able to recover enough to live out his life in peace and tranquility, surrounded by those who love him.

More thoughts later - as right now, my thoughts are pretty much jumbled.

Sorry.



6 Comments:

I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment Ze'ev.

I didn't agree with Rabin's policies either, but I was not one of the "happy" ones when he was killed.

May Hashem heal Sharon and then may he realize that retirement is the best option. (ad 120)

By Blogger Jerusalemcop, at Thu Jan 05, 09:41:00 AM GMT+2  

You wrote what most of us are feeling.

By Blogger westbankmama, at Thu Jan 05, 09:42:00 AM GMT+2  

Your post sums it up much better than I just did and I feel moved to tears. Excellently put.

By Blogger ifyouwillit..., at Thu Jan 05, 10:06:00 AM GMT+2  

JMH - I want Sharon out of politica as much as the next person, and I do beleive that Sharon will have to give an accounting for all of his actions - before G-d - but that does not mean that I wish ofr him to suffer a massive stroke and brain hemmoraging.

I am sure that most of those expelled would have been just as happy if Sharon had retired from political life after the 1st mini-stroke and that wouldve been the end of the story - I do not believe that people were out for Sharon's blood- leterally or figuratively.

By Blogger Ze'ev, at Thu Jan 05, 12:03:00 PM GMT+2  

JMH, I agree with all of that, but do you believe that this is the fate they wanted to see for Sharon?

Would they not have been just as happy if he had to retire from politics for whatever reason, and he lived out his life quietly on his ranch - his plans and vision falling by the wayside?

By Blogger Ze'ev, at Thu Jan 05, 04:09:00 PM GMT+2  

Very well said.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Jan 05, 04:24:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blogarama - The Blogs Directory